- Join a fantastic team at Western Sydney’s Newest Sensory Activity Centre
- Develop unique therapy-based programs for people with disability
- Not for profit salary packaging benefits
Voted Most Outstanding New Business in 2022, Share My Ability is a fun and inclusive Sensory Activity Centre available to all ages and abilities. The Centre features state-of-the art play equipment, a bespoke sensory room, onsite café and offers the local community of Western Sydney a fantastic range of therapy-based programs.
Share My Ability is owned and operated by NADO Disability Services, a registered NDIS Provider and certified Great Place to Work with over 40 years of experience within the disability sector.
As the Leisure and Lifestyle Coordinator you will be responsible in the development and execution of individualised leisure and lifestyle programs to help participants gain all round social confidence and promote activity to meet their NDIS goals.
Your role will see you working across a range of disabilities within a diverse age group. You will be utilising your experience to run the appropriate recreational plan for the participant using our on-site equipment and facilities. This is a full-time permanent position (Tuesday to Saturday) located in Penrith.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar position
- Appropriate qualifications either in Diversional Therapy, Therapeutic Recreation or Leisure and Health
- A passionate attitude in making a positive difference to the lives of people with disability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to positively engage with participants, families and careers
- A positive and encouraging attitude to goal based recreational programs
- A NDIS Worker Clearance, Working with Children’s Check and a First Aid Certificate
- The knowledge and understanding of the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission framework along with the NDIS Code of Conduct
- Role autonomy – help make a difference in lives of people with disability
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Salary Packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
If you believe you have the right skills and experience we are looking for, please use the submission form or alternatively email through your CV to [email protected] with a cover letter outlining the skills suited to the position.
Online Application Form
If you would like more information about any of our services, please contact us today.