NADO is a community-based charity that supports people with disabilities, their families and carers across Western Sydney, including the Nepean and Blue Mountain regions.
We will soon be launching a brand new Sensory Activity Centre in Penrith – Share My Ability, which will provide a fun and inclusive environment for all ages and feature a range of interactive play equipment, in addition to a sensory room, support products and onsite café.
As the Diversional Therapist you will be responsible in running exercise and leisure programs to help participants gain all around social confidence and promote activity.
A strong focus will be on building confidence of our participants to help them meet their goals and encourage a positive experience to participate in social/recreational programs.
Your role will see you working across a range of disabilities
within a diverse age group. You will be utilising your experience to run the appropriate recreational plan for the participant using our large variety of fun and interactive equipment.
- You will demonstrate at least 1 year experience in a similar position
- Have appropriate qualifications either in Diversional Therapy, Therapeutic Recreation or Health and Leisure
- Are passionate about making a positive differences to the lives of people with a disability
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to positively engage with participants, families and careers
- Have a positive and encouraging attitude to goal based recreational programs
- Have a NDIS Worker Clearance, Working with Children’s Check and a First Aid Certificate
- Have the knowledge and understanding of the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission framework along with the NDIS Code of Conduct
How To Apply
NADO is an equal opportunity employer. If you believe you have the right skills and experience we are looking for, please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining what you can bring to the role, or alternatively fill out our online application form.
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 3rd October 2021
Online Application Form
If you would like more information about any of our services, please contact us today.