What is Corona Virus (COVID-19)?
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness caused by a new virus. Symptoms include fever, coughing, a sore throat and shortness of breath. The virus can spread from person to person, but looking after good hygiene can help to prevent infection.
How we are managing our services during the COVID-19 crisis
- Staff have additional mandatory training in Infection Control, COVID-19 and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Personal Protective Equipment is available to staff, including gloves, disposable masks and hand sanitizer.
- Higher grade PPE is on hand in the case of a suspected or actual infection.
- Temperature checks are undertaken in centre based settings and group homes
- Increased cleaning procedures have been implemented including disinfection of vehicles before and after use.
- Posters and information from the Health Department are available in all sites reminding staff and participants about social distancing, and correct hand and coughing hygiene.
- Staff are advised that they must not attend work if they have cold or flu symptoms and not return until they have a medical clearance.
- Participants exhibiting cold or flu symptoms must not come to a NADO program or have services supplied by NADO staff, unless they are in a group home that is serviced by NADO. Special procedures are in place to manage illness within the group homes.
- Community access regulations are adhered to across all of NADO services.
- All staff are encouraged to have an annual Flu Vaccination and are reimbursed by NADO for any out of pocket expenses.
- All staff are regularly updated with current procedures for managing programs and services to provide a safe place for participants and staff.
- NADO is following the regularly updated advice from the Chief Medical Officer specific to Disability Service Providers.
NADO will continue to update, staff, clients and families with important information as it is released by the relevant authorities. For more information on COVID-19 please visit https://www.ndis.gov.au/coronavirus
Easy Read COVID-19 documents can be accessed at https://cid.org.au/our-stories/staying-home-during-coronavirus/
If you would like more information about any of our services, please contact us today.