Team Leader – Children Services
- Part Time Position (44hr p/fortnight)
2x Weekdays 8am – 4pm + Saturday work 9am – 3pm
- Rewarding Career Path
- SCHADS Award, Grade 3
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Team Leader to join our Children’s Services team. This role assists in organising individualised and community-based group recreational activities that aims to build friendships and provide enjoyable and safe activities for children and young people with a disability aged between 7yrs – 17yrs.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Have experience/knowledge working with children
- Ability to assist in planning and implementing group-based activities that suit participant preferences
- Understanding and knowledge on Mandatory Reporting/Child Protection
- Ability to communicate effectively with families and carers
- Demonstrated knowledge on computer based programs (Microsoft office suite)
- Design and develop suitable programs for children living with disabilities
- Ability to role-model person-support to Disability Support Workers
- Demonstrated ability working within a team and autonomously
- Seeks feedback and reviews Participant satisfaction to continuously improve services
- Promotes respectful and ethical behaviour as an employee of NADO
- Capable of adapting and learning new skills
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside of rostered hours
- Outcome focused and results oriented
- Ability to problem-solve
- Holds a current NSW Driver License, NDIS Worker Clearance and Working with Children Check
NADO takes pride in the service it delivers which stems by the culture we create within the workplace. We offer professional development, flexible working arrangements, health and wellbeing initiatives, salary packaging and much more.
NADO is an established community-based charity that has supported people with disabilities, their families and carers in the Nepean and Blue Mountains region for over 40 years. NADO has been recognised as a Winner for Employer of Choice in The Australian Business Awards 2021 and recognised as a Great Place to Work 2022, in addition to supporting Equal Employment Opportunity.
How to apply
If you believe you have the right skills and experience, you can apply online using the online application form.
Alternatively, you can send your CV along with a covering letter outlining what you can bring to the role to [email protected]
If you wish to obtain further information about the position, please contact our recruitment team on 1300 738 229.
Online Application Form
If you would like more information about any of our services, please contact us today.