NADO is a community-based charity organisation that supports people with disabilities, their families and carers across the the Nepean and Blue Mountain region.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Speech Pathologist to join our passionate and supportive team within the Allied Health Clinic, based in our newly renovated offices in Penrith.
The Speech Pathologist duties will include but not limited to:
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of individuals functional needs; receptive and expressive language; swallowing and communication aids; and holistic lifestyle assessment and associated goal setting;
- Provide training, mentoring and support to parents and families, direct care staff and educators;
- Work closely with staff and service providers to deliver best practice in all services
- Meet operational, clinical, legal and financial performance targets.
- Attend relevant tribunals in order to meet legislative requirements, incorporate outcomes into plans and present any risks and/or benefits associated.
- Adhering to the quality safe guards commissions guidelines.
- Nationally recognised Speech Pathology qualification
- NDIS and Medicare registered or eligible for registration
- Eligible for Speech Pathology Australia Membership
- Current NSW drivers licence, valid and cleared
- Demonstrated knowledge of assessment tools and interventions for people who have an intellectual disability and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder
- At least 2 years’ post-graduation experience working as a Speech Pathologist
Why join NADO?
NADO takes pride in the service it delivers which steams by the culture we create within the workplace. We work as a team and support one another regardless of the position title you hold. We offer professional development, flexible working arrangements, health and wellbeing initiatives, salary packaging and much more. Most importantly, the position will be supported by an experienced allied health team lead by an experienced Practice Manager.
The position comes with the appropriate tools of trade along with a competitive market salary
If this sounds just like what you are looking for please use the application submission form or alternatively email through your CV to [email protected] with a cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria.
Apply for this position
If you would like more information about any of our services, please contact us today.