NADO is a community-based charity organisation that supports people with disabilities, their families and carers in the Nepean and Blue Mountain regions.
We are looking to employ a Psychologist who has demonstrated experience in dealing with Participants with intellectual disability / challenging complex behaviour or within a similar discipline.
The role will see you provide psychological services to participants who have intellectual and or challenging behaviours by promoting positive behaviour strategies and improving the participant’s quality of life as per their individualized NDIS goals. This role entails you to act as a mentor and educational support to the team on best practice behaviour support to enable the team to provide high quality service to the participants.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills and or experience(s):
- Minimum 5 years in practice
- Experience in delivering psychological services to people with a disability (intellectual or and challenging / complex behaviours) in a range of settings
- Registered with NDIS to provide positive behaviour support plans or at least two years’ experience in delivering positive behaviour support
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures impacting on the delivery of services to people with a disability
- Demonstrated experience in working within the NDIS system
- Completed within the past 5 years or willing to obtain Positive Approach to Behaviour Support Core Standard
- Relevant degree in Psychology and full Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) registration
- Experience and or knowledge of the Restricted Practice Authorisation (RPA) process
- Cleared NDIS Worker Clearance along with a cleared working with children’s check
- Right to work in Australia
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
Why join NADO?
NADO takes pride in the service it delivers which steams by the culture we create within the workplace. We work as a team and support one another regardless of the position title you hold. We offer professional development, flexible working arrangements, health and wellbeing initiatives, salary packaging and much more. Most importantly, the position will be supported by an experienced Practice Manager.
What you’ll get in return
- You will receive for the duration of your registration work practice support from an experienced Behaviour Support Practitioner
- A competitive salary which includes salary packaging
- You will be part of a professional multidisciplinary team
- Tools and trades
If this role is exactly what you are looking for and can demonstrate the skills and experience(s) we are looking for, please use the submission form or send through your CV along with a covering letter to [email protected]
Apply for this position
If you would like more information about any of our services, please contact us today.