- Part time, 4 days per week
- St Marys location
- 8.30am – 4.30pm
- Professional development opportunities
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced QA and Compliance Manager to join our Executive Leadership team. The role will drive continuous improvement, ensuring regulatory compliance, whilst maintaining the highest levels of service quality across NADO.
As the QA and Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for driving the quality strategy to ensure exceptional services are achieved through sector quality and performance standards.
The applicant is required to demonstrate expertise in the following areas:
- Audit Management
- Quality Management Systems
- Regulatory Compliance
- Documentation and reporting
- Risk Management
- Continuous Improvement
The daily tasks will include but are not limited to:
- To support continuous improvement by the development, review and updating of a Quality Improvement Plan for each service area.
- Develops service related quality assurance plans by conducting incident and hazard analyses; identifying critical control points and preventative measures; monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures.
- Maintaining and updating the company’s Risk Register, providing periodical reports on risk management.
- Investigating and reporting on critical incidents and managing actions to completion.
- Managing Policy and Procedures controls, initiating reviews, updating according to sector and legislation changes.
- Maintain and improve service quality by completing system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop corrective actions and improve training methods.
- Respond to alleged violations of regulations, policies, procedures, and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Manage the organizational Conflict of Interest Register. Review and report to senior management all Conflict of Interest compliance issues and concerns and how these are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Work with the relevant stakeholders to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
The position requires a detail-orientated professional with a strong understanding of quality assurance processes and regulatory compliance desirable within the disability space. You must hold qualifications within the field with 3 plus years work experience and have a cleared NDIS Workers Clearance.
- Proven work experience in Quality Assurance and Compliance (3 plus years), preferably disability, children’s services, health or aged care
- Tertiary qualification in a business related degree with specialisation in compliance and auditing or equivalent to
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Skilful documenting and reporting
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to apply relevant legislation for the purposes of quality assurance
- Knowledge of social, economic, health and cultural factors affecting vulnerable children, young people and their families
- Cleared NDIS Workers Clearance
- COVID – 19 Vacations (2 plus 1 booster)
NADO is registered NDIS provider and a not for profit, community-based charity that has supported people with disabilities, their families and carers in the Nepean and Blue Mountains region for over 40 years.
NADO has been recognised as an Employer of Choice in The Australian Business Awards 2021, Great Place to Work 2022 and Best Place to Work 2023.
NADO takes pride in the service it delivers which stems by the culture we create within the workplace. We offer professional development, flexible working arrangements, health and wellbeing initiatives, salary packaging and much more.
How To Apply
If you are excited about the opportunity and believe you have the right skills and experiences, please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining what you can bring to the role to [email protected] or fill in an online application form.
Online Application Form
If you would like more information about any of our services, please contact us today.