NADO is a community-based charity that supports people with disabilities, their families and carers in Western Sydney, including the Hawkesbury, Blue Mountains and Nepean region.
It is very exciting times for NADO as we venture towards the opening of a brand new Sensory Activity Centre. The Occupational Therapist will be able to provide a wide range of services to the participants through this centre and to the Allied Health Clinic, based in our newly renovated officers in Penrith.
The Occupational Therapist will be part of the Multi-Disciplinary Team that collaborate to deliver services which optimises the quality of life and well-being of NADO participants by helping them to develop or regain their skills through individualised assessment, treatment, skill development and specialised equipment.
- Can demonstrate experience working as an Occupational Therapist
- Qualifications in Occupational Therapy
- NDIS and Medicare registered or eligible for registration
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Eligible for Occupational Therapy Australia Membership
- Has a current NDIS Worker Clearance
- Experience in working in the community with people who have an intellectual disability and complex needs and/or experience of trauma
- Demonstrated knowledge of assessment tools and interventions for people who have an intellectual disability and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder
We are happy to accept graduates who can demonstrate 1 – 2 years’ experience and is willing to learn and develop with NADO.
Why join NADO?
NADO takes pride in the service it delivers which stems by the culture we create within the workplace. We work as a team and support one another regardless of the position title you hold. We offer professional development, flexible working arrangements, health and wellbeing initiatives, salary packaging and much more. Most importantly, the position will be supported by an experienced allied health team lead by an experienced Practice Manager.
The position comes with the appropriate tools of trade along with a competitive market salary
Where to from here
If you believe you have the right skills and experience we are looking for, please use the submission form or alternatively email through your CV to [email protected] with a cover letter outlining the skills suited to the position or if you require further information, please contact Julia on 02 9623 9855.
Online Application Form
If you would like more information about any of our services, please contact us today.