- Full Time Position
- Penrith Location
- SCHADS Award, Grade 3
The Day Program Team Leader will manage the day to day operations of the program whilst provide mentoring and leadership to a team of Disability Support Workers. The Team Leader will be responsible for developing and delivering programs to support the goals of the participants individualised NDIS plans. This role also includes direct participant support.
- Experience in overseeing a service delivery team in a disability setting supported by the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with people with disabilities and their families and carers
- Knowledge and understanding of the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission framework along with the NDIS Code of Conduct
- Intermediate computer skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent time-management skills
- Experience in managing complex behaviours of concern
- The ability to understand, educate and implement participants positive behavioural support plans
- Ensure participants receive appropriate, meaningful and enjoyable activities
- The ability to identify and respond to staffing issues in a timely manner.
- Experience in rostering staff onto shifts through an employee self-service system
- Certificate IV in Disability, Certificate III or IV in Team Leadership or equivalent
- Current NSW drivers license, NDIS Worker Clearance and rights to work in Australia
- Received x3 doses of the Covid Vaccine
NADO takes pride in the service it delivers which stems by the culture we create within the workplace. We offer professional development, flexible working arrangements, health and wellbeing initiatives, salary packaging and much more.
NADO is an established community-based charity that has supported people with disabilities, their families and carers in the Nepean and Blue Mountains region for over 40 years. NADO has been recognised as a Winner for Employer of Choice in The Australian Business Awards 2021 and recognised as a Great Place to Work 2022, in addition to supporting Equal Employment Opportunity.
How to apply
If you believe you have the right skills and experience, you can apply online using the online application form.
Alternatively, you can send your CV along with a covering letter outlining what you can bring to the role to [email protected]
If you wish to obtain further information about the position, please contact our recruitment team on 1300 738 229.
Apply for this position
If you would like more information about any of our services, please contact us today.