Full Time Position – SCHADS Grade 4
NADO is an established community-based charity organisation that has supported people with disabilities, their families and carers in the Nepean and Blue Mountains region for over 40 years.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Customer Engagement Coordinator to join our team. This role co-ordinates individualised & community-based group recreational activities that aims to build friendships and provide enjoyable and safe activities for children and young people with a disability aged between 5yrs – 17yrs old.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Understand and train staff in the obligations of being a Mandatory Reporter
- Ensure children and young people are supported and respected
- Ensure the active participation of children and young people in our programs
- Ability to develop open and trusting communication with parents and carers
- Role model appropriate staff behavior to staff supporting children
- Ability to plan and implement supported group-based activities that are safe and enjoyable
- Ability to plan and implement safe and enjoyable activities and support for individual services
- Ability to coordinate and supervise staff effectively for safe provision of services
- Demonstrate strong skills in risk assessment
- Seeks feedback and reviews Participant satisfaction to continuously improve services
- Seeks new opportunities for a fresh and relevant program of activities
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent prioritisation skills
- Accurate and timely administration skills
- Demonstrated ability to overcome barriers for people with a disability to access community activities
- Passionate and committed to making a difference in the lives of people with disability
- Ability to trouble shoot issues and work in a continuous improvement framework
- Flexibility to be part of the on-call roster
- Promote respectful and ethical behaviour as an employee of NADO
- Capable of adapting and learning new skills,
- Have an approachable and collaborative manner
- Is outcome focused and results orientated
Why join NADO?
NADO takes pride in the service it delivers which is established by the culture we create within the workplace. We offer professional development, flexible working arrangements, health and wellbeing initiatives, salary packaging and much more. Most importantly, the position will be supported by an experienced leader. This position comes with the appropriate tools of trade.
If this sounds just like what you are looking for, please email through your CV to [email protected] with a cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria.
The closing date for the position is 9 June 2021.
If you believe you have the right skills and experience we are looking for, please use the submission form or alternatively email through your CV to [email protected] with a cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria.
Apply for this position
If you would like more information about any of our services, please contact us today.