We are looking to employ an experienced Behavioural Support Specialist who is passionate about building behavioural support plans for people with a disability.
Your next employer
NADO is a community-based charity that supports people with disabilities, their families and carers in Western Sydney, including the Hawkesbury, Blue Mountains, Penrith suburbs and surrounding areas.
The Behavioural Support Specialist will be responsible to design, deliver, monitor and evaluate behaviour support plans for people with a disability in line with the goals of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) plan or individual goals.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in building behavioural support plans for people with a disability along with qualifications within psychology or equivalent to. The duties of the position will include but not limited to are as follows:
- Behaviour support plans are developed and reviewed, assessments are completed
- Facilitate case meetings and case conferences as required
- Provide implementation and training of behaviour support plans to all relevant stakeholders
- Provide discipline-specific advice and quality assurance to stakeholders
- Undertake relevant assessments to identify causal factors of challenging behaviour in order to establish effective strategies and plans that address the behaviour and enhance the quality of life for the individual
- Implement, capture and analyse data in order to monitor the plan’s effectiveness, review challenging behaviour and make any changes where required.
- Meet operational, clinical, legal and financial performance targets.
- Attend relevant tribunals in order to meet legislative requirements, incorporate outcomes into plans and present any risks and/or benefits associated.
- Adhering to the quality safe guards commissions guidelines of reporting BSP’s and RPA’s
NADO provides many benefits such as professional development, reward and recognition of staff and teams, provides salary comparative to the market and offers salary packaging of approximately $15,900 along with a fringe benefit entertainment card of approximately $2,000.
You will be part of a supportive culture who its team truly have a passion in supporting participants with a disability achieve their goals to live a fulfilled life.
If you believe you have the right skills and experience we are looking for, please use the submission form or alternatively email through your CV to [email protected] with a cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria.
Closing Date: 13th December 2020
Apply for this position
If you would like more information about any of our services, please contact us today.