NADO is a community-based charity organisation that supports people with disabilities, their families and carers in the Nepean region including the Hawkesbury, Blue Mountains, Penrith suburbs and surrounding areas.
We have a position vacant for an experienced Behavioural Support Specialist to join our passionate and supportive team.
The Behavioural Support Specialist will be responsible to design, deliver, monitor and evaluate behaviour support plans for people with a disability in line with the goals of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) plan or individual goals.
The duties will include but not limited to:
- Behaviour support plans are developed and reviewed, assessments are completed
- Facilitate case meetings and case conferences as required
- Provide implementation and training of behaviour support plans to all relevant stakeholders
- Provide discipline-specific advice and quality assurance to stakeholders
- Undertake relevant assessments to identify causal factors of challenging behaviour in order to establish effective strategies and plans that address the behaviour and enhance the quality of life for the individual
- Implement, capture and analyse data in order to monitor the plan’s effectiveness, review challenging behaviour and make any changes where required.
- Meet operational, clinical, legal and financial performance targets.
- Attend relevant tribunals in order to meet legislative requirements, incorporate outcomes into plans and present any risks and/or benefits associated.
- adhering to the quality safe guards commissions guidelines of reporting BSP’s and RPA’s
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate experience in building Behavioural Support Plans for people with a disability.
If this sounds just like what you are looking for please use the application submission form or alternatively email through your CV to [email protected] with a cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria.
Apply for this position
If you would like more information about any of our services, please contact us today.