It is exciting times for NADO as we are experiencing growth and are seeking to employ an experienced Accommodation Co-ordinator to join our supportive and engaging workforce who are passionate in making a difference to the lives of people with a disability.
Your next employer NADO
NADO is a community-based charity that supports people with disabilities, their families and carers in Western Sydney, including the Hawkesbury, Blue Mountains, Penrith suburbs and surrounding areas.
The Short Term Accommodation Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing and managing NADOs short term accommodation along with leading, guiding and mentoring the team leader to ensure participants are supported as per their NDIS plans.
The role will require you to ensure the house is compliant with NDIS Safe Guard Commission Standards and the NDIS Code of Conduct. The role will provide training and education to the team leader to ensure policies, procedures are adhered to and that quality of service is delivered.
- You have a minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a short term accommodation environment preferably within the disability space
- Experience in Leadership positions
- Knowledge and understanding of the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission framework along with the NDIS Code of Conduct
- Knowledge of NDIS plans
- Intermediate computer skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Have had experience in managing teams
- Excellent time-management skills
- Experience in managing complex behaviours of concern
- The ability to understand, educate and implement participants positive behavioural support plans
- Has experience in rostering staff onto shifts through an employee self-service system
- You hold a certificate IV in Disability, Certificate IV in Leadership / Management or equivalent to.
- You hold a current NSW drivers licence, valid police check and rights to work in Australia
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, influence, and build strong effective teams along with the ability to resolve problems.
- You are passionate about people and you bring the best out of them, you are driven, energetic and work well in a fast pace environment.
- You don’t mind taking on a challenge, you relate well with people, communicate openly and transparently.
If you believe you have the right skills and experience we are looking for, please use the submission form or alternatively email through your CV to [email protected] with a cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria.
Closing Date: 13th September 2020
Apply for this position
If you would like more information about any of our services, please contact us today.