NADO’s Psychology Service has been established in order to provide a comprehensive range of psychological services by an experienced psychologist.
One of the reasons you would meet with a psychologist is to learn more about yourself and how your mind works and the relationship between your beliefs and thoughts as well as how you are feeling and behaving and to do this, therapy works best when a collaborative relationship is formed between therapist and participants.
NADO now offers Psychology Services for the following:
- Emotion Wellbeing Support - one on one psychological therapy/counselling and brief behavioural strategies
- Behaviour Assessment and Support
- Cognitive and Adaptive Functioning Assessments for Children and Adults - to determine the level of functioning and need for support
- Anxiety Disorders and Phobias
- Sexual Abuse
- Anger Management
- Eating Disorders
- Self-esteem Issues
- Communication Problems
- Workplace Concerns
- Relationship Problems
Grad Dip Psych. M Psych (Forensic)
NADO is thrilled to announce our new Psychology Service based at our head office at St Marys and pleased to introduce Aleksandra Cimburovska as our Psychologist.
Aleksandra is a Registered Psychologist who is passionate about helping people with disabilities. Most of Aleksandra’s work as a Psychologist has been working with people with Intellectual Disability. She worked in the disability sector within the South Australian Government for the past 10 years and has worked in several roles which included; delivering psychological intervention and conducting psychometric assessments.
Aleksandra’s work has included:
- One on one counselling/individual therapy mostly with people with Mild Intellectual Disability. This included helping them to improve their emotional wellbeing and learn psychological strategies to manage their feelings of anxiety, depression, anger, guilt etc., as well as, managing stressful situations, improve their communication skills, become more assertive, learn safe behaviours, develop healthy daily routines and achieve other personal goals.
- Providing Behavioural Assessments and Behaviour Support to people with Intellectual Disability, which involved functional behaviour assessment, developing positive behaviour support plan and training support staff and/or family to apply the strategies in the Positive Behaviour Support Plan.
- Providing Cognitive and Adaptive Functioning Assessments to children and adults to determine whether they meet the criteria for Intellectual Disability and whether they will be eligible for services.
Provisional Psychologist - B. Sc (HONS), Masters of professional psychology.
Shagufta offers therapeutic counselling with a special interest in working with people with disability and mental illness. Shagufta has extensive experience working with people with mental illness (mental health issues) such as anxiety, depression, schizophrenia and bipolar. With a love of art, one of Shagufta's strengths is art therapy.
Shagufta supports people from diverse cultural backgrounds and is multi-lingual speaking fluent English, Urdu and Hindi.
We can provide cognitive and adaptive functioning assessments for both children and adults to determine whether they meet the criteria for Intellectual Disability and whether they will be eligible for services.
Please send an online enquiry and our Psychologist will be in contact within 48 hours (working day).
For further information contact Aleksandra on 1300 738 229
Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (by appointment only)
28 Gidley Street
St Mary NSW 2760
P.O. Box 511
St Marys NSW 1790
For emotional support after hours, please call either:
Lifeline on 13 11 14 or
Kids Help Line on 1800 551 800
Please Note: NADO is not a crisis service. In the case of an emergency, please make contact with the Mental Health Service at your local public hospital.
- NDIS price
Please refer to the NDIS Price Guide
- Medicare Rebates
Medicare rebates may be available if you have a Mental Health Care Plan from your GP or a referral from a relevant specialist. See the links below for further information about the Medicare initiative.
Please see more information about Medicare from links below:
If you are not able to attend your appointment, please ensure you give at least 24 hours’ notice. If you cancel within 24 hours’ prior to your appointment, or do not notify us at all, a 1-hour fee will be charged.
If the Psychologist is already driving to the appointment and advised the appointment has been cancelled, a 1-hour fee will be charged, plus any kilometres incurred.