Carers Week 2019 Competition
In celebration of National Carers Week 13 -19th October 2019, Nepean Areas Disabilities Organisation (NADO) is inviting full time carers of people with disability living across NSW the opportunity to win 1 of 12 Carers Care Packs.
National Carers Week is about recognising and celebrating the outstanding contribution that unpaid carers make to our country. This week is a great opportunity to educate and help raise awareness among all Australians about the diversity of carers and their caring roles.
There are over 2.7 million carers across Australia providing 36 million hours of care and support every week.
This competition is open to people who are the primary carer for an adult or child with a disability.
There are 12 Carers Care Packs up for grabs, each to the value of $350 AUD. Plus all entries will receive an acknowledgement award. Entries are open to NSW residents only.
The twelve prize winners will also be invited to attend a Carers Week Brunch organised by NADO on Friday 18 October 2019. Prizes will be awarded at the event. T&Cs apply.
Simply submit the form below by Monday 2nd September 2019
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to unpaid carers supporting a person with a disability that currently resides in NSW Australia. An ‘unpaid carer’ does not receive remuneration for full or part time employment, but may receive a carers payment or allowance.
- Submissions may be published on the NADO website, print publications and social media channels. Entry into the competition gives permission for the winners content to be published. Photo and photo consent may be requested from competition winners.
- Motivational quotes will be published to include the full name and state of the winning submissions. Content may be modified slightly to suit publication space.
- Entries are to be submitted online and is limited to one per carer. Entries should not exceed the word count specified in each question.
- Submissions must be submitted by 5pm on Monday 2nd September 2019. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Prize winners will be chosen by a panel of 3 NADO representatives. Entries will be judged against the following criteria:
a) motivational and inspirational quotes from a carer
b) relevant and informative advice from an existing carer to a person that has recently become a full time carer
c) story writing skills and use of language
- Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. NADO retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
- NADO reserves the right to refuse or not display a competition entry.
- Prize winners will be notified by phone and / or email by Monday 16th September 2019. Details will be published in a media release, on websites and social media.
- Prize winners will be invited to attend a Carers Week Brunch organised by NADO on Friday 18th October 2019. Prizes will be awarded at the event.
- Prizes are not transferable.
- The NADO Carers Week Competition is a not-for-profit competition. There are no entry fees and no remuneration for entries.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- Competition entrants must provide the following contact information to NADO: full name, address, telephone and email. Details will adhere to NADO’s Privacy Statement.